I live in Iowa City with my wife Melissa, an ICCSD special education teacher, our 11-year old son Liam, and our 9-year-old daughter Mae. Since 2004, I have worked at Big Brothers Big Sisters of Johnson County, where I serve as the Community Relations Director.
I am a volunteer Big Sister to a wonderful third-grader at Lucas Elementary. Other organizations that I am proud to be a current member of include:
- The ICCSD Facilities Master Planning Steering Committee
- The Grant Wood Elementary Parent Teacher Organization
- The ICCSD District Parent Organization
- The Johnson County Disproportionate Minority Contact committee (current chair)
- The Iowa City Area Juneteenth Celebration planning committee
I’m running for school board because I believe that every child is important, because we are on the verge of great opportunity and growth in our community, and because we need a school board full of creative, compassionate, thoughtful listeners and decision-makers. I am an advocate for students of all academic levels, in all areas of the district.